1. Mang nghĩa "đúng; thích hợp"
=suitable for the purpose or situation / considered to be real or serious
- You have to have the proper tools for the job.
- That’s not the proper way to do it!
- The problem was they didn’t have a proper place to rehearse.
- Councillors went against their own officers and ignored proper procedures.
- When are you going to get a proper job?
- Start the day with a proper breakfast.
- He needs proper medical care.
2. Mang nghĩa "đàng hoàng"
=considered to be morally good
- I don’t think it would be proper for me to say any more.
- I’m sure you will all agree that this is the only proper course of action.
- It’s only right and proper that his family should be present.
3. Mang nghĩa "lịch sự, phù hợp đạo đức, lễ nghi"
=behaving in a manner that most people would consider correct and polite
- Young people then were all terribly proper.
- He’s always so prim and proper.