I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"guilty"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"cảm thấy có lỗi, áy náy"
=If you feel guilty, you feel unhappy because you think that you have done something wrong or have failed to do something which you should have done.
- You shouldn’t feel guilty all the time – you’ve done nothing to be ashamed of.
- I still feel guilty about things I said to my mother when I was a teenager.
- It was a clear sign that he had a guilty conscience.
- I feel so guilty, leaving all this to you.
- When she saw me she looked guilty
2. Mang nghĩa"tội lỗi"
=Guilty is used of an action or fact that you feel guilty about.
- Many may be keeping it a guilty secret.
- I leave with a guilty sense of relief.
- I feel guilty about visiting her so rarely (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tôi cảm thấy có lỗi vì đến thăm cô ấy quá ít)
- a guilty act (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hành vi tội lỗi)
- a guilty conscience (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: lương tâm bị dằn vặt vì mặc cảm tội lỗi)
3. Mang nghĩa"phạm tội (tội ác)"
=someone who is guilty has committed a crime
- He was found guilty of manslaughter.
- Wright pleaded guilty to all charges.
- to be found guilty of negligence (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bị phát hiện là phạm tội cẩu thả)
- Patrick knew that he was guilty of lying.
- This government is guilty of much talk and little action.