I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"desperate"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"liều mạng, liều lĩnh"
=done because you can think of no other way/If you are desperate, you are in such a bad situation that you are willing to try anything to change it.
- In a desperate attempt to escape, he killed the guard.
- a desperate act (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hành động liều lĩnh)
- a desperate fellow (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một tay liều mạng)
- Troops are needed to help get food to the people in desperate need.
- Desperate with anxiety, Bob and Hans searched the whole house.
- He made a desperate attempt to hijack a plane
2. Mang nghĩa"cần cái gì đó quá, quá muốn cái gì, ghiền dữ dội"
=needing or wanting something very much/If you are desperate for something or desperate to do something, you want or need it very much indeed.
- They were sold by families desperate for money to buy food.
- She was desperate to see him again.
- They'd been married nearly four years and June was desperate to start a family.
- People are desperate for him to do something.
3. Mang nghĩa"không còn hy vọng, tuyệt vọng, nỗ lực cuối cùng"
=very worried and angry because you do not know how to deal with an unpleasant situation
4. Mang nghĩa"dữ dội, kinh khủng, ghê gớm"
=extremely severe or serious/A desperate situation is very difficult, serious, or dangerous.
- Parts of this school are in desperate need of repair.
- the desperate plight of the refugees
- a desperate storm (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cơn giông tố kinh khủng)
- a desperate smoker(IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tay nghiện thuốc lá kinh khủng)
- India's United Nations ambassador said the situation is desperate.
- I decided not to abandon John when he was in such a desperate position