I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"controversial"tiếng anh
Mang nghĩa"có thể gây ra tranh luận, có thể bàn cãi được (vấn đề...)"
=a controversial subject, opinion, or decision is one that people disagree about or do not approve of/If you describe something or someone as controversial, you mean that they are the subject of intense public argument, disagreement, or disapproval. Immigration is a controversial issue in many countries.
- He is a controversial writer. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh là là một nhà văn thích tranh cãi)
- It is a controversial issue. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nó là một vấn đề gây ra tranh luận)
- The president’s wife was a powerful and controversial figure.
- Controversial plans to build a new motorway
- We tried to stay away from controversial topics at the dinner party.
- When it was first suggested that passive smoking was harmful, the idea was controversial and the evidence thin.
- The changes are bound to be controversial.
- ...the controversial 19th century politician Charles Parnell.