I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"absent"
1. Mang nghĩa"không có mặt ở nơi nào đó, vắng mặt"
=not in the place where you should be or are expected to be/If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- How many of them are absent without permission?
- He’s been absent from school for three days.
- Anna's been absent from work for four days with flu.
- to be absent from school /work (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: vắng mặt ở trường/nơi làm việc)
- to be absent from a meeting (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: không có mặt ở một cuộc họp)
- He has been absent from his desk for two weeks.
- The pictures, too, were absent from the walls.
- Evans was absent without leave from his Hong Kong-based regiment.
2. Mang nghĩa"thiếu"
=missing from a place or situation/not existing in a particular place
- Parental affection is absent from these children’s lives.
- love was totally absent from his childhood (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: từ thời thơ ấu anh ấy đã thiếu hẳn tình thương)
- Any mention of prices is conspicuously absent from the ad, which makes me think they are high.
3. Mang nghĩa"có vẻ như không nghĩ đến điều đang được nói hoặc đang được thực hiện quanh ta; thẫn thờ"
=showing that you are not paying attention to what is happening because you are thinking about something else/If someone appears absent, they are not paying attention because they are thinking about something else.