Bên cạnh Phân tích và sửa chi tiết đề thi IELTS SPEAKING 4/8/2020 [Audio+Transcript], IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng phó từ"highly"tiếng anh
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng phó từ"highly"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"nhiều, mức độ lớn"
=used before some adjectives to mean ‘very’ or ‘very well’
- Williams is a highly competitive player who hates losing.
- That now seems highly unlikely. a highly motivated salesman
- She’s a highly educated young woman.
- highly paid company directors
- Remarks were highly derogatory. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Những nhận xét lăng mạ nặng nề)
- Petrol is highly combustible. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Xăng dầu rất dễ bắt lửa)
- a highly paid job
2. Mang nghĩa"rất tốt, tối cao"
=used for saying that someone or something is considered to be very good or very important
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- highly regarded/respected/valued
- speak/think highly of
- someone comes highly recommended (=people have said good things about someone)
- She has often said how highly she values your friendship.
- a highly valued member of staff
- He is very highly regarded by his fellow musicians.
- Everyone we talked to spoke very highly of him.
- The new chef comes highly recommended by the food critics.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết