I. "tow" là ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa "dắt, kéo theo (tàu, thuyền) bằng dây thừng, xích.."
=to pull a car, boat, etc. along, fastened behind another vehicle or boat
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- At 6 a.m. on September 12, all distressed fishermen were brought back to the mainland safely, and the fishing boat DNa 0494 was towed back.
- They are trying to tow a damaged ship into port. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Họ đang cố kéo một chiếc tàu hỏng vào cảng)
- You shouldn't drive fast when your car is towing a caravan.
- The road was closed while the vehicles that had been involved in the accident were towed away/off.
- The damaged boat was towed to safety.
- The car broke down and had to be towed home.