I. "swamp" là ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa "làm ngập nước, làm sũng nước, làm ướt đẫm"
=to cover a place or thing with a large amount of water
- the sink overflowed and swamped the kitchen (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chậu rửa bát tràn ra và làm nhà bếp sũng nước)
- High tides have swamped the coast.
- The boat was swamped by an enormous wave.
1. Mang nghĩa "bị ngập vào, bị búi vào"
=If you are swamped by things or people, you have more of them than you can deal with.
- to be swamped with work (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bị búi vào công việc)
- Foreign cars have swamped the UK market.
- I'm swamped with work at the moment.
- Don't let feelings of depression swamp you.
- The railway station was swamped with thousands of families trying to flee the city.