I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"Suspect"
1."Suspect" là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"nghi ngờ; hoài nghi; ngờ vực"
=to believe that something is true, especially something bad/You use suspect when you are stating something that you believe is probably true, in order to make it sound less strong or direct.
- Teachers should call social services if they suspect child abuse.
- Police suspected that she had some connection with the robbery.
- He wrote a letter naming the people whom he suspected.
- men suspected of involvement in the bombing
- I strongly suspect that they're trying to get rid of me (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tôi rất nghi rằng họ đang tìm cách gạt tôi ra)
- I suspected Alex of deliberately forgetting her purse.
- Carl seemed very kind, but she suspected his motives.
- I suspect they were right.
- The above complaints are, I suspect, just the tip of the iceberg.
- Do women really share such stupid jokes? We suspect not.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"cảm thấy ai phạm tội gì đó mà không có bằng chứng chắc chắn; nghi"
=If you suspect that something dishonest or unpleasant has been done, you believe that it has probably been done. If you suspect someone of doing an action of this kind, you believe that they probably did it.
- He suspected that the woman staying in the flat above was using heroin.
- Police said they suspected that Sobhraj had accomplices.
- It was perfectly all right, he said, because the police had not suspected him of anything.
- You don't really think Webb suspects you?
- What made you suspect her of having taken money?(IELTS TUTOR giải thích: điều gì khiến anh nghi cô ấy lấy tiền?)
- Frears was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày