I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"remind"
1."remind"là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"gợi nhớ việc gì/cái gì đó cho ai (sự kiện hoặc việc ai đó đã làm)"
=If someone reminds you of a fact or event that you already know about, they say something which makes you think about it.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- remind someone of/about something
- remind someone that
- So she simply welcomed him and reminded him of the last time they had met.
- Can you remind us about your plans for the building?
- This song reminds me of France (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bài hát này làm tôi nhớ về nước Pháp)
- He reminds me of his brother (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: ông ấy làm tôi nhớ đến người em trai của ông ấy)
- She reminded me that we had in fact met before, at a conference in Washington.
- I had to remind myself that being confident is not the same as being perfect!
2.2. Mang nghĩa"nhắc nhở ai đừng quên/nhớ làm việc gì"
=If someone reminds you to do a particular thing, they say something which makes you remember to do it.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- remind someone to do something
- remind someone about something
- remind someone what/when/where/how etc
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Can you remind me to buy a bottle of Martini?
- Remind Jenny to bring her laptop when she comes.
- Can you remind me about my dentist’s appointment tomorrow?
- Travellers are reminded that malaria tablets are advisable (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: du khách được nhắc nhở rằng nên mang theo thuốc chống sốt rét)
- I reminded her how much the fare was (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tôi đã nhắc cô ấy về giá vé)
- Remind me to ạnswer that letter (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hãy nhắc tôi trả lời bức thư đó)
- I need the notes to remind me what to say.
- The note was to remind him about something he had to explain to one of his students.
2.3. Dùng để nhấn mạnh
=You use remind in expressions such as Let me remind you that and May I remind you that to introduce a piece of information that you want to emphasize.
- It may be something that the hearer already knows about or a new piece of information.
- Sometimes these expressions can sound unfriendly.
- 'Let me remind you,' said Marianne, 'that Manchester is also my home town.'
- May I remind you that the care of your health is a religious duty.
- Need I remind you who the enemy is?