I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"permit"
1."permit" vừa là ngoại động từ vừa là nội động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"cho phép"
=If someone permits something, they allow it to happen/If they permit you to do something, they allow you to do it.
- He can let the court's decision stand and permit the execution.
- The guards permitted me to bring my camera.
- Employees are permitted to use the golf course during their free hours.
- No outside journalists have been permitted into the country.
- If they appear to be under 12, then the doorman is not allowed to permit them entry to the film.
- She will permit no contradiction. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cô ấy không cho phép bất cứ ai cãi lại)
- They permit us to register data. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Họ cho phép chúng tôi đăng ký dữ liệu)
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted inside the aircraft.
- We were not permitted to enter the area during the investigation.
- She permitted herself a single bar of chocolate a week.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"cho cơ hội, ưu đãi, (cái gì) cho phép, tạo sự thuận tiện cho cái gì xảy ra"
=If a situation permits something, it makes it possible for that thing to exist, happen, or be done or it provides the opportunity for it/to make something possible
- He sets about creating an environment that doesn't just permit experiment, it encourages it.
- Try to go out for a walk at lunchtime, if the weather permits.
- This method of cooking also permits heat to penetrate evenly from both sides
- the situation does not permit of any delay (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tình thế không cho phép bất kỳ sự trì hoãn nào)
- Economic circumstances don’t permit much public spending.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"nuông chiều bản thân, cho phép bản thân mình làm điều gì bình thường sẽ không làm"
=If you permit yourself something, you allow yourself to do something that you do not normally do or that you think you probably should not do.
- Captain Bowen permitted himself one cigar a day.
- Only once in his life had Douglas permitted himself to lose control of his emotions.