I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"give"
1."give" là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"cho, biếu, tặng, ban"
=to let someone have or keep something as a present
- We don’t know what to give Dad for Christmas.
- Could you give me that pen?
- She gave the flowers to me to hold.
- to give a handsome present (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tặng một món quà đẹp)
- Will the royal family be asked to give the state more of its property?
- There are tax advantages if you give the house to your children before you die.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"gửi đến/tặng/mang đến cho ai điều tốt đẹp"
=to do something good or helpful for someone a relationship where one partner gives more than the other
- Aid will be given to areas hardest hit by the flooding.
- Thanks for all the support you’ve given us.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"sinh ra, đem lại"
=to cause a general result or effect
- The motor oil gives good performance in all weather conditions.
- The removal of trade restrictions could give the economy a substantial boost.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"trao cho, đem cho, chuyển cho"
=to make someone think or believe something/to make something look, taste, smell, sound, or feel a particular way/to make someone feel or experience something
- She gave us the distinct impression that the work was nearly finished.
- The hotel isn’t as luxurious as we were given to understand in the brochure.
- Some washing powders give cotton a softer feel.
- to give someone much trouble (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: gây lo lắng cho ai, gây phiền hà cho ai)
- These stories have given people enormous pleasure over the years.
- The results gave us quite a shock.
- Since we replaced the clutch, the car has given us no trouble at all.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"đăng, đưa ra, lộ ra"
=to show or communicate information
- If you see him, will you give him a message from me?
- They gave me all the instructions over the phone.
- The answers are given on page 100.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"làm một hành động gì đó"
=to perform an action to someone or something/to spend time thinking about something before you make a decision or judgment about it
- I gave him a hug before I left.
- We need to give the dog a bath this weekend.
- I’ll give you a ring on Sunday.
- to give a loud laugh (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cười to, cười vang)
- We’ll give your suggestions some thought and let you know what we decide.
- Someone from the university will give a talk on the future of education.
- I’d never ridden a horse before, but I was prepared to give it a go.
2.7. Mang nghĩa"cho phép ai làm gì"
=to allow someone to take action
- Permission to build on the site had to be given by the council.
- They have given us six months to develop a new billing system.
- When selecting candidates, priority is usually given to those with experience.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"truyền cho, làm lây sang"
=to pass an illness or disease to another person
- She gave the whole office the flu.
- You could easily give the disease to your partner.
2.9. Mang nghĩa"trả (tiền...); trao đổi, quyên góp, cung cấp nợ"
=to pay money for something/to pay money to charity (=organizations that help people)/to provide a large amount of money, for example a loan or a grant
- How much did they give you for your old car?
- Martin gave me £300 for my computer.
- We always give to charity at Christmas.
- We prefer to give our money to local causes.
- The Small Business Association gives loans to new businesses.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày