I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"die"
1."die" vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"chết, qua đời"
=to stop being alive/If a person, animal, or plant is dying, they are so ill or so badly injured that they will not live very much longer.
- My grandfather died at the age of 86.
- She is dying of cancer.
- 1 in 3 people over 65 will die with dementia.
- They were ready to die for their country.
- Tragically, Keats died young.
- to die a glorious death (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chết một cách vinh quang)
- to die through neglect (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chết vì không ai chăm sóc (không ai nhìn ngó tới))
- to die young (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chết trẻ)
- to die a beggar/hero (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chết như một kẻ ăn mày/người anh hùng)
- Several people in the village have died violent deaths.
- I’m proud to tell you that your son died a hero.
- A year later my dog died.
- Sadly, both he and my mother died of cancer.
- I would die a very happy person if I could stay in music my whole life.
- ...friends who died young
- The elm trees are all dying.
- Every working day I treat people who are dying from lung diseases caused by smoking
- He watched helplessly as his mother died an agonizing death.
- I'm no expert, but I don't think Tracy died a natural death
2.2. Mang nghĩa"mất đi, tắt đi, tàn lụi, không còn nữa; bị quên đi"
=to disappear, or to stop existing/to stop burning or shining
- Our memory of her will never die.
- Coal mining is dying in this area.
- One's dying wish /words /breath (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nguyện vọng lúc sắp chết, lời trăng trối, hơi thở hấp hối)
- They watched the fire dying in the grate.
- Her cigarette glowed brightly, then died.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"không khởi động được"
=to stop operating/If a machine or device dies, it stops completely, especially after a period of working more and more slowly or inefficiently.
- The car’s just died on me.
- Then suddenly, the engine coughed, spluttered and died.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"se lại đau đớn, chết lặng đi (lòng, trái tim)"
=If an emotion or facial expression dies, it disappears completely, usually after a period of gradually becoming weaker and less noticeable/You can use die in expressions such as 'I almost died' or 'I'd die if anything happened' where you are emphasizing your feelings about a situation, for example to say that it is very shocking, upsetting, embarrassing, or amusing.
- My love for you will never die.
- Kathryn looked down at the floor and the smile died on her lips.
- I nearly died when I learned where I was ending up.
- I nearly died of shame.
- The secret will die with him (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: điều bí mật mất đi theo hắn, hắn mất đi mang theo cả điều bí mật)
- Great deeds can't die (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: những việc làm vĩ đại không bao giờ có thể mất đi được)
- I thought I'd die laughing.
2.5. to be dying for something: quá khao khát điều gì
=You can say that you are dying of thirst, hunger, boredom, or curiosity to emphasize that you are very thirsty, hungry, bored, or curious/You can say that you are dying for something or are dying to do something to emphasize that you very much want to have it or do it
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày