I."depend" là nội động từ
II. Cách dùng động từ"depend"
1. Mang nghĩa"phụ thuộc, nhờ vào"
=If you depend on someone or something, you need them in order to be able to survive physically, financially, or emotionally
- They may hate what he does but their survival depends on him.
- He depended on his writing for his income.
- They had grown to depend on each other.
- I haven't got a car , so I've to depend on the buses (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tôi không có ô tô riêng, nên phải nhờ vào xe búyt)
- We depend on the radio for news (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chúng tôi nghe tin tức nhờ vào cái đài)
- Choosing the right account depends on working out your likely average balance.
2. Mang nghĩa"tuỳ vào"
=If you say that one thing depends on another, you mean that the first thing will be affected or determined by the second/You use depend in expressions such as it depends to indicate that you cannot give a clear answer to a question because the answer will be affected or determined by other factors.
- The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato.
- What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina.
- How much it costs depends upon how much you buy.
- how much is produced depends on how hard we work (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: sản xuất được bao nhiêu là do chúng ta làm việc tích cực như thế nào)
- 'But how long can you stay in the house?'—'I don't know. It depends.'
- It all depends on your definition of punk, doesn't it?
3. Mang nghĩa"tin tưởng, tin cậy"
=If you can depend on a person, organization, or law, you know that they will support you or help you when you need them.