I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"cut"
1."cut" vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"cắt, chặt"
=If you cut something, you use a knife or a similar tool to divide it into pieces, or to mark it or damage it.
- Mrs. Haines stood nearby, holding scissors to cut a ribbon.
- Cut the tomatoes in half vertically.
- The thieves cut a hole in the fence.
- Mr. Long was now cutting himself a piece of the pink cake.
- You can hear the saw as it cuts through the bones.
- ...thinly-cut cucumber sandwiches
2.2. Mang nghĩa"làm đứt tay, chảy máu"
=If you cut yourself or cut a part of your body, you accidentally injure yourself on a sharp object so that you bleed.
- Johnson cut himself shaving.
- I started to cry because I cut my finger.
- Zoe was badly cut as she scrambled down rocks to reach him.
- Blood from his cut lip trickled over his chin.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"tỉa"
=If you cut something such as grass, your hair, or your fingernails, you shorten them using scissors or another tool.
- The most recent tenants hadn't even cut the grass.
- You have to learn not to cut your toenails in the living room.
- You've had your hair cut, it looks great.
- She had dark red hair, cut short
2.4. Mang nghĩa"cắt may"
=The way that clothes are cut is the way they are designed and made.
- ...badly-cut blue suits.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"cắt nhau, gặp nhau, giao nhau"
=To cut through something means to move or pass through it easily.
- I could see long canoes cutting through the waves.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"đi tắt"
=If you cut across or through a place, you go through it because it is the shortest route to another place.
- He decided to cut across the Heath, through Greenwich Park.
2.7. Mang nghĩa"giảm (giá...)"
=If you cut something, you reduce it.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"làm ngắn lại"
=If you cut a text, broadcast, or performance, you shorten it.
- If you cut a part of a text, broadcast, or performance, you do not publish, broadcast, or perform that part.
- The audience wants more music and less drama, so we've cut some scenes
- to cut a speech short (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cắt bớt một bài nói, rút ngắn một bài nói)
2.9. Mang nghĩa"cắt (viện trợ....)"
=To cut a supply of something means to stop providing it or stop it being provided.
- They used pressure tactics to force them to return, including cutting food and water supplies
2.10. Mang nghĩa"không dự, trốn, chuồn (một buổi họp...)"
=If a child cuts classes or cuts school, they do not go to classes or to school when they are supposed to.
- Cutting school more than once in three months is a sign of trouble.
2.11. Mang nghĩa"mọc (răng)"
=When a child cuts a tooth, a new tooth starts to grow through the gum.
- Many infants do not cut their first tooth until they are a year old.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày