devote sth to sth/sb
=to give all of something, especially your time, effort, or love, or yourself, to something you believe in or to a person
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He left the Senate to devote more time to his family.
- She has devoted all her energies/life to the care of homeless people.
- At the age of 25, he decided to devote himself to God.
- I will devote myself to the company. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi sẽ cống hiến hết mình cho công ty)
- We plan to devote more review space to children's books. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi có kế hoạch dành nhiều chỗ trong tạp chí hơn cho sách thiếu nhi)