I. "devote"là ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"hiến dâng, dành hết cho, cống hiến"
=to give all of something, especially your time, effort, or love, or yourself, to something you believe in or to a person/to spend a lot of time or effort doing something
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He left the Senate to devote more time to his family.
- She has devoted all her energies/life to the care of homeless people.
- At the age of 25, he decided to devote himself to God.
- I will devote myself to the company. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi sẽ cống hiến hết mình cho công ty)
- We plan to devote more review space to children's books. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi có kế hoạch dành nhiều chỗ trong tạp chí hơn cho sách thiếu nhi)
- He’s devoted most of his time to his painting.
- Few people are able to devote themselves fully to their career.
2. Mang nghĩa"dành cho"
=to use something such as money for a particular purpose
- All the proceeds from the taxes should be devoted to health care.