I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"standard"
1."standard"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"tiêu chuẩn"
=a level of quality/a level of quality or achievement, especially one that people generally consider normal or acceptable
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, standard vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa là danh từ không đếm được
- standard of
- raise/improve/lower standards
- meet/achieve/conform to/comply with standards
- set (someone) a standard
- below/not up to standard
- by any standard(s)
- by someone’s/something’s standards
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- higher standards of service in hospitals
- What can be done to raise standards in schools?
- They must supply water that complies with medical health standards.
- He sets himself high standards.
- An international standard of weight (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tiêu chuẩn trọng lượng quốc tế)
- People were very poor then, by today's standards (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: so với mức sống hiện nay, dân lúc đó nghèo lắm)
- Laurence Olivier set the standard for (=was the best example of) acting in the 20th century.
- The food was not up to standard. of a high/low standard: She always produces work of a high standard.
- The work must conform to industry standards.
- The building was still magnificent by any standards.
- Getting up at 8 o’clock was early by her standards.
- The first computers were terribly slow by today’s standards.
2.2.Mang nghĩa"các giá trị đạo đức"
=traditional principles of good behaviour