I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"sort"
1."sort"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"thứ, loại, hạng"
=If you talk about a particular sort of something, you are talking about a class of things that have particular features in common and that belong to a larger group of related things.
- a new sort of bicycle (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một loại xe đạp mới)
- people of every sort and kind (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: người đủ hạng)
- What sort are you looking for?
- In that sort of situation Tom tends to panic.
- Is this a joke of some sort?
- He was asking us all sorts of questions about you.
- Mistakes of this sort happen every day.
- What sort of school did you go to?
- There are so many different sorts of mushrooms available these days.
- A dozen trees of various sorts were planted.
- He had a nice, serious sort of smile.
- That's just the sort of abuse that he will be investigating.
- Eddie was playing a game of some sort.
- It is the last time I will take on this sort of work.
- Let's have some more articles of this sort
2.2. Mang nghĩa"hạng người"
=a particular type of person/You describe someone as a particular sort when you are describing their character.
- Jane won’t be able to keep quiet about it – she’s not the sort.
- He seemed to be just the right sort for the job.
- She was a very vigorous sort of person.
- What sort of men were they?