I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"commission"
1."commission"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"nhiệm vụ; phận sự"
=A commission is a piece of work that someone is asked to do and is paid for
2.2. Mang nghĩa"hội đồng; uỷ ban"
=A commission is a group of people who have been appointed to find out about something or to control something.
- �commission of inquiry hội đồng (uỷ ban) điều tra a Royal Commission on social welfare (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một Uỷ ban Hoàng gia đặc trách về phúc lợi xã hội)
- The authorities have been asked to set up a commission to investigate the murders.
- ...the Press Complaints Commission.
- Congress appointed a commission to investigate the causes of the financial crisis.
- The Energy Commission announced rules that bar municipal utilities from signing new contracts with coal-fired power plants.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"tiền hoa hồng, phí dịch vụ"
=Commission is a sum of money paid to a salesperson for every sale that he or she makes. If a salesperson is paid on commission, the amount they receive depends on the amount they sell/If a bank or other company charges commission, they charge a fee for providing a service, for example for exchanging money or issuing an insurance policy.
- sale on commission (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: sự bán hàng ăn tiền hoa hồng)
- you'll get (a ) 10 % commission on everything you sell to foreign tourists (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: anh sẽ được 10 % hoa hồng về tất cả những món anh bán cho du khách nước ngoài)
- The salespeople work on commission only.
- He also got a commission for bringing in new clients.
- Travel agents charge 1 per cent commission on sterling cheques.
- Sellers pay a fixed commission fee
- to work for somebody on commission (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: làm việc cho ai để hưởng hoa hồng (chứ không hưởng lương))
- The airline agreed to pay travel agents a 3% commission.
- His monthly salary, which is based on commissions, has dropped from about $7,000 to $1,000.
- People often work harder when they're on commission.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"sự phạm tội; sự can phạm
=The commission of a crime is the act of committing a crime.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"phong cấp sĩ quan"
=If a member of the armed forces receives a commission, he or she becomes an officer.
- He accepted a commission as a naval officer.