Bên cạnh Bài sửa đề thi IELTS WRITING TASK 2 ngày 22/8/2020 của HS đi thi đạt 7.0 writing, IELTS TUTOR nhận thấy các bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE của IELTS TUTOR rất thường hay sai về Cách dùng danh từ "sea" tiếng anh
I. "sea" vừa là danh từ đếm được, vừa không đếm được
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa "biển"
= the sea is the salty water that covers about three-quarters of the Earth's surface
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, sea vừa là danh từ đếm được, vừa không đếm được
- into the sea
- in the sea.
- at sea (=in a boat or ship on the sea)
- by sea (=in a ship across the sea)
- out to sea (=out onto the sea)
- lost at sea (=died in the sea)
- put to sea (=start a journey in a ship)
- the open sea (=a part of the sea far from land)
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Most of the kids have never seen the sea.
- We went swimming in the sea.
- The sea was calm/smooth/choppy/rough when we crossed the Channel.
- When we moved to the US, we sent our things by sea (= in a ship) / Most of his belongings will be transported by sea / All transport operations, whether by sea, rail or road, are closely monitored at all times.
- We spent a week by the sea (=close to the sea) this year / We’re renting a house by the sea
- Soon we had left the marina and were heading towards the open sea (= the part of the sea a long way from land) / The yacht was on the open sea in light winds.
- The refugees were at sea (= in a boat on the sea a long way from land) for 40 days before reaching land / Some older tankers need maintenance while at sea.
- He had a room overlooking the sea.
- I ran across the beach and into the sea.
- She rowed the boat out to sea.
- A service was held to commemorate those lost at sea.
- The cruiser put to sea yesterday from the port of Murmansk.
- He drowned after 30 minutes in the rough seas.
The seas are warm further south.
2. Mang nghĩa "nhiều (về số lượng)"
=A sea of people or things is a very large number of them together.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, sea là danh từ số ít
- Down below them was the sea of upturned faces.
- His eyes ran over the sea of bottles and glasses on the table.
- a sea of flame (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một biển lửa)
- seas of blood (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: máu chảy thành sông; sự chém giết tàn nhẫn)
- a sea of troubles (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nhiều chuyện phiền hà)