I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"root"
1."root"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"rễ cây"
=The roots of a plant are the parts of it that grow under the ground.
- ...the twisted roots of an apple tree
2.2. Mang nghĩa"chân tóc"
=The root of a hair or tooth is the part of it that is underneath the skin.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"nguyên nhân gốc rễ"
=You can refer to the place or culture that a person or their family comes from as their roots.
- I am proud of my Brazilian roots.
- It's 21 years since she first moved to Britain from the Lebanon, but she hasn't forgotten her roots.
- You can refer to the cause of a problem or of an unpleasant situation as the root of it or the roots of it.
- We got to the root of the problem.
- to get at (to ) the root of the matter (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nắm được thực chất của vấn đề)
- the root of the problem is lack of trust (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nguồn gốc của vấn đề là sự thiếu tin cậy)
- the root of all evils (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nguồn gốc của mọi sự xấu xa)
- This lack of recognition was at the root of the dispute.
- His sense of guilt had its roots in his childhood loss of his younger sister.
- They were treating symptoms and not the root cause.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"gốc từ"
=The root of a word is the part that contains its meaning and to which other parts can be added.
- The word 'secretary' comes from the same Latin root as the word 'secret'.