I."qualification"vừa là danh từ đếm được, vừa không đếm được
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"học vị, chứng chỉ, bằng cấp"
=something such as a degree or a diploma that you get when you successfully finish a course of study
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- legal/medical qualifications
- Simon left school with no qualifications.
- The number of people obtaining basic craft qualifications has fallen.
- courses leading to recognized qualifications in art and design
- I want to go to college and get some qualifications so that I can get a good job.
- What qualifications do you need to be a nanny?
- A teaching qualification can open up many more career opportunities.
- For all her qualifications, she's useless at the job.
- a doctor's qualifications (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: những văn bằng chứng nhận của một bác sĩ)
- She's got the qualifications for the job, but her lack of experience will count against her.
- He lied about his qualifications for the job.
- They place a lot of importance on qualifications.
2. Mang nghĩa"năng lực, sự đủ khả năng (để đảm nhiệm một chức vụ, công việc, hoạt động...)"
=an ability or quality that you need in order to do a particular job or activity
- The only qualification needed for this job is an eye for detail.
- Reagan’s command of television was a vital qualification for the presidency.
- Responsibility and reliability are necessary qualifications.
- That time with him is my qualification to write this book.
3. Mang nghĩa"sự vượt qua, sự đủ tư cách"
=the action or process of qualifying for something
- England's qualification for the World Cup
- Following qualification, he worked as a social worker.
- Our qualification for the World Cup finals hangs in the balance.
3. Mang nghĩa"sự dè dặt"
=something that you add to a statement or rule to show that it is not true in some situations/A qualification is a detail or explanation that you add to a statement to make it less strong or less general.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, qualification vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa là danh từ không đếm được
- without qualification (=in every way, or in every possible situation) = không có dè dặt, không nao núng nề hà
- People welcome the president's announcement without qualification. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Người dân vui vẻ tiếp nhận cáo thị của tổng thống mà không có sự dè dặt nào cả)
- There is an important qualification to the Act: it does not apply to international contracts.
- I welcome the minister’s announcement without qualification.
- The empirical evidence considered here is subject to many qualifications.
- This statement requires qualification and clarification.