I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"pain"
1."pain"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"sự đau đớn (thể chất)"
=a feeling that you have in a part of your body when you are hurt or ill
- Harry has been enduring considerable back pain for a number of years.
- I’m having terrible pains in my chest.
- The fresh air had done nothing to ease the pain Kelly felt in her head.
- An old injury was causing him intense pain.
- He heard Leo scream in pain.
- to have a pain in the head (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đau đầu)
- I don’t think she’s in any pain.
- It was a sharp pain, on his left side, below his ribs.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"sự đau khổ (tinh thần)"
=a feeling of being very upset or unhappy
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Dealing with the subject sensitively can help prevent a lot of pain.
- The incident must have caused my parents great pain.
- He had no idea of the pain he had inflicted on her.
- Don't touch my pain. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đừng chạm vào nỗi đau của tôi)
- He found it hard to cope with the pain of being separated from his children.