I."object" là danh từ đếm được
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"đồ vật, vật thể"
=An object is anything that has a fixed shape or form, that you can touch or see, and that is not alive.
- He squinted his eyes as though he were studying an object on the horizon.
- ...an object in the shape of a coconut.
- Glass , wooden and plastic objects (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Những đồ vật bằng thủy tinh, bằng gỗ và bằng nhựa)
- In the cosy consulting room the children are surrounded by familiar objects.
2. Mang nghĩa"mục tiêu, mục đích"
=The object of what someone is doing is their aim or purpose.
- The object of the exercise is to raise money for the charity.
- He made it his object in life to find the island.
- His one object in life is to defeat everyone (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Mục đích duy nhất của nó trên đời này là hạ hết mọi người)
- My object was to publish a scholarly work on Peter Mourne.
- His object was to gain time until help could arrive.
- With the object of attracting customers (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nhằm mục đích thu hút khách hàng)
- To succeed /fail in one's object (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đạt/không đạt mục đích của mình)
- The decision was made with the object of cutting costs.
3. Mang nghĩa"đối tượng"
- The object of a particular feeling or reaction is the person or thing it is directed towards or that causes it.
- The object of her hatred was a 24-year-old model.
- An object of attention /pity /admiration (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Một đối tượng gây chú ý/thương hại/thán phục)
- The object of great interest at the Temple was a large marble tower built in memory of Buddha.
- She knew that she was an object of pity among her friends
- She had become an object of desire for him.
- This villa is the main object of her interest (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Biệt thự này là đối tượng quan tâm chủ yếu của bà ấy)
- The band is currently the object of much media attention.
- His behaviour had made him an object of ridicule.