I."learn"vừa là ngoại động từ, vừa là nội động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"học từ cái gì đó, nghiên cứu"
=If you learn something, you obtain knowledge or a skill through studying or training/If people learn to behave or react in a particular way, they gradually start to behave in that way as a result of a change in attitudes.
- Their children were going to learn English.
- He is learning to play the piano.
- ...learning how to use new computer systems.
- Experienced teachers help you learn quickly
- You have to learn to face your problem.
- to learn a foreign language (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: học một ngoại ngữ)
- We are learning how to confront death instead of avoiding its reality
- I am convinced that he has learned from his mistakes.
- The company failed to learn any lessons from this experience.
- I’m learning a lot of new computer skills in this job.
- The children are learning to swim this summer.
- children should endeavour to learn assiduously (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trẻ con cần phải cố gắng học hành chăm chỉ)
- I want to learn how to dive.
- stereotypes that are learned at an early age
- Children mainly learn by copying adults.
- You have to learn to be more patient.
2. Mang nghĩa"nghe thấy, được biết"
=If you learn of something, you find out about it.
- It was only after his death that she learned of his affair with Betty.
- Later I learnt that the house was to be sold.
- ...the Admiral, who, on learning who I was, wanted to meet me.
- She’ll go to great lengths to keep you from learning her secrets.
- We didn’t learn about the situation until it was too late.
- to learn a piece of news from someone (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: biết tin qua ai)
- We were distressed to learn that American troops were the targets of the attack.
3. Mang nghĩa"học thuộc (học bằng cách đọc đi đọc lại)"
=If you learn something such as a poem or a role in a play, you study or repeat the words so that you can remember them.
- He learned this song as an inmate at a Texas prison
- Your homework is to learn the periodic table.
- It didn’t take her long to learn her lines by heart.
- facts learned by rote