I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"memorial"
1. Mang nghĩa"đài kỷ niệm, tượng kỷ niệm; vật kỷ niệm"
=A memorial is a structure built in order to remind people of a famous person or event/a structure built to remind people of a famous person or event
- war memorial (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đài liệt sĩ)
- Building a memorial to Columbus has been his lifelong dream.
- Every village had its war memorial.
- the Vietnam War Memorial
- By the road was a memorial to victims of the bombing.
2. Mang nghĩa"như là một sự tưởng nhớ"
=If you say that something will be a memorial to someone who has died, you mean that it will continue to exist and remind people of them.
- The museum will serve as a memorial to the millions who passed through Ellis Island.
- The public park is an impressive memorial to a good man.
- A memorial to all soldiers lost in battle. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Lễ tưởng niệm tất cả những người lính đã chết trong cuộc chiến)