I. "gust" là danh từ đếm được
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa "cơn gió mạnh"
=A gust is a short, strong, sudden rush of wind.
- Typhoon Conson, Viet Nam’s the fifth storm this year, is gaining higher speed and stronger sustained winds. It is expected to be right on the Hoang Sa (Paracel) archipelago, bearing the maximum sustained winds at level 9 with a gust of level 11, according to projections recently released by the Mid-Central Region Centre for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting (NCHFM).
- gust of wind (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cơn gió mạnh)
- the wind is blowing in gusts (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: gió thổi từng cơn)
- A gust of wind blew the leaves along. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Một cơn gió thổi bay những chiếc lá)
- A gust of wind drove down the valley.
- A hurricane-force gust blew off part of a church tower.
2. Mang nghĩa "cơn (giận...)"
=If you feel a gust of emotion, you feel the emotion suddenly and intensely