I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"gas"
1."gas"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"khí gas"
=Gas is a substance like air that is neither liquid nor solid and burns easily.
- It is used as a fuel for cooking and heating.
- Coal is actually cheaper than gas.
- Oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen are all gases.
- All EU countries are required to cut their emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Helium is a very light gas.
- I smell gas. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi ngửi thấy mùi xăng/ mùi gas)
- She couldn’t pay her gas bill.
- Can you smell gas?
- Heat the oven to gas mark 6.
- ...a huge cloud of gas and dust from the volcanic eruption.
- ...a contract to develop oil and gas reserves
- The gas is leaking. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Ga đang xì)
2.2. Mang nghĩa"hơi độc, hơi ngạt (quân sự)"
=Gas is a poisonous gas that can be used as a weapon.
- ...mustard gas.
- The problem was that the exhaust gases contain many toxins.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"khí tê khi chữa răng, giảm đau, dễ ngủ"
=Gas is a gas used for medical purposes, for example to make patients feel less pain or go to sleep during an operation
- ...an anaesthetic gas used by many dentists.
- We need to get some gas before we leave town.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"dầu xăng"
=Gas is the fuel which is used to drive motor vehicles/a liquid obtained from petroleum, used especially as fuel for cars and other vehicles
- ...a tank of gas.
- ...gas stations.
- It was getting late and we were nearly out of gas.
- The price of gas seems to be getting higher and higher.