IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Boost là danh từ đếm được (thường ở số ít)
1. Mang nghĩa "sự tăng giá, sự nổi tiếng"
(the act of boosting something/an act or event that increases or improves something)
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- The lowering of interest rates will give a much-needed boost to the economy.
- Passing my driving test was such a boost to my confidence.
- Typically sales jump in the autumn, when they get a boost from the back-to-school and holiday shopping seasons.
- The campaign for pension reform received a boost on Friday.
- They are calling for a boost in the minimum wage.
- Shares on Wall Street were given a boost by a rally in the US Treasury bond market.
2. Mang nghĩa "thúc đẩy tinh thần, lòng tự tin của ai đó"
=something that helps you to feel more positive or more confident
- Getting the job gave him a terrific boost.
- He gave my confidence a boost. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh ta đã khích lệ lòng tin của tôi)
- Victory tomorrow would be a much-needed boost for the national team.