I. Dùng "ideal" như adj
1. Mang nghĩa"tốt nhất, chuẩn nhất"
=of the best or most suitable type
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- The fair provides an ideal opportunity for jobseekers and employers to meet.
- Upgrading your computer seems the ideal solution.
- I’m still several pounds above my ideal weight.
- She decided that I was the ideal person to take over the job.
- These buildings are very ideal. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Những cao ốc này rất lý tưởng)
- I really love the area and see it as an ideal place to start my managerial career.
- The conditions were ideal for racing.
- The sandy beaches are ideal for families with young children.
- Conditions were far from ideal for racing.
- We do not live in an ideal world. In an ideal world, there would be no such thing as rubbish.
- Their ideal society collapsed around them into the Terror and then into the Counterrevolution.
2. Mang nghĩa"lý tưởng"
=as good as you can imagine, and probably too good to be real
- They present themselves as an ideal family.
- In an ideal world there would be no poverty.
- an ideal hearth for newly married couples (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tổ ấm lý tưởng cho những cặp vợ chồng mới cưới)
I. Dùng "ideal" như noun
1. "ideal"vừa là danh từ đếm được, vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"tiêu chuẩn của sự hoàn thiện, lý tưởng"
=An ideal is a principle, idea, or standard that seems very good and worth trying to achieve.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"mẫu người lý tưởng, mô hình lý tưởng"
=the best example of something that you can think of or imagine/Your ideal of something is the person or thing that seems to you to be the best possible example of it.
- Sophie represented his ideal of beauty.
- ...the Japanese ideal of beauty.
- Throughout his career she remained his feminine ideal.