Mang nghĩa "cuối cùng thì, cuối cùng sự việc cũng như chờ đợi"
=If you say that something has happened at last or at long last, you mean it has happened after you have been hoping for it for a long time / finally, after much waiting
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- I'm so glad that we've found you at last! / I’m so glad to meet you at last.
- Here, at long last, was the moment he had waited for.
- At last the train arrived in the station.
- 'All right', he said at last. 'You may go.'
- At last, we 're home! (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cuối cùng thì chúng ta cũng về tới nhà!)
- Then – at long last – their wedding day finally arrived.
- At long last the government is starting to listen to our problems.