Bên cạnh hướng dẫn Bài sửa đề thi IELTS WRITING TASK 2 ngày 22/8/2020 của HS đi thi đạt 7.0 writing & Từ vựng & Cấu trúc qua bài báo Boom! BTS ‘Dynamite’ Video Crushes YouTube Premiere Viewing Record (Variety), IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp từ vựng topic advertising vì Topic Advertising là một topic rất thường được ra thi trong IELTS Writing cũng như IELTS Speaking nên nhớ ôn tập thật kĩ nhé
- Để nắm vững từ vựng topic advertising, trước tiên nên nắm kĩ các từ vựng topic có sự liên quan mật thiết đến topic advertising dưới đây nhé
I. Từ vựng topic liên quan
1. Từ vựng topic Media
2. Từ vựng topic Internet - Communication
3. Từ vựng topic Technology
II. Từ vựng & ideas topic advertising
1. Phân biệt advertising / advertisement / ads...
2. Từ vựng & ideas topic Advertising khác
2.1. Functions & Problems of Advertising
Cùng IELTS TUTOR xét các chức năng và vấn đề của Advertising
- Bridge the gap between consumers and manufacturers
- Evoke impulse buying
- Boost sales
- Promote economic development
- Add to the cost of the products
- Claim product’s advantages only —> unjust
- Unwelcome information
2.2. Các từ vựng về advertising
- Business will thrive
- Thrive là nội động từ, nhớ đọc kĩ hướng dẫn của IELTS TUTOR về nội động từ, ngoại động từ
- Contribute towards a variety of governmental systems
- A multibillion dollar industry
- Have a negative impact on individuals and society as a whole
- Make impulsive purchases
- Regulation (kiểm soát) of the content of advertisements and the regulation of the space where advertisements occur
- A detriment to people’s health conditions
- Numerous health-related problems
- Nhớ tham khảo kĩ hướng dẫn của IELTS TUTOR về từ ghép nhé
- To approach prospective customers
- Details about newly launch products
- To be bombarded with all kinds of advertisements
- Information overload
- Stimulate people to purchase products that are being advertised
- Public service advertising
- Marketing tool
- Target audience
- Purchase decision
- Target audience
- Get attention
- Catchy tune
- Viral Marketing
- Outdoor Marketing
- QR code scanning
- To advertise
- Stick in your head
- Be flooded with = be filled with
- Be out of control
- Stem from = result from
- The relationship between…and
- Have a responsibility to do sth
- Address the problem = Solve the problem
2.3. Adj topic Advertising
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- eye-catching (adjective): Easily noticed or attracting attention.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The eye-catching ad for the new car caught my eye as I was walking down the street.
- informative (adjective): Providing or conveying information.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The informative ad for the new health insurance plan helped me to understand the benefits of the plan.
- persuasive (adjective): Able to convince or persuade.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The persuasive ad for the new car convinced me to buy it.
- shocking (adjective): Causing great surprise or upset.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The shocking ad for the new perfume was very controversial.
- tasteful (adjective): Showing good judgment or taste.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The tasteful ad for the new clothing line was well-received by consumers.
- unobtrusive (adjective): Not noticeable or intrusive.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The unobtrusive ad for the new app was placed in a corner of the website.
- visually appealing (adjective): Pleasing to the eye.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The visually appealing ad for the new restaurant caught my attention as I was scrolling through my social media feed.
- witty (adjective): Showing cleverness and humor.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The witty ad for the new coffee brand made me laugh.
- engaging (adjective): Captivating or interesting.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The engaging ad for the new video game kept me watching until the end.
2.4. Noun topic Advertising
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Advertising campaign (noun): A series of advertisements that are designed to promote a product or service.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The new advertising campaign for the iPhone 14 is generating a lot of buzz.
- Advertising agency (noun): A company that specializes in creating and placing advertisements.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising agency came up with a brilliant ad campaign for the new car.
- Advertising budget (noun): The amount of money that a company spends on advertising.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company's advertising budget was increased by 20% this year.
- Advertising media (noun): The different channels that are used to deliver advertisements, such as television, radio, print, and the internet.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company decided to use a mix of advertising media to reach its target audience.
- Advertising message (noun): The main idea that an advertisement is trying to convey.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising message for the new car was "Speed, Style, and Safety."
- Advertising research (noun): The process of collecting and analyzing data about advertising campaigns in order to improve their effectiveness.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company conducted advertising research to determine which ads were most effective in generating sales.
- Advertising strategy (noun): The overall plan for how a company will use advertising to achieve its marketing goals.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company's advertising strategy was to focus on digital marketing in order to reach a younger audience.
- Advertising target (noun): The specific group of people that an advertisement is trying to reach.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising target for the new car was young professionals.
- Advertising value (noun): The amount of money that an advertiser is willing to pay for a certain amount of exposure in an advertising medium.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising value of a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl is estimated to be over $5 million.
2.5. Verb topic Advertising
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Advertise (verb): To promote or publicize a product or service.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company advertised its new product on television.
- Communicate (verb): To convey information to others.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertisement communicated the product's benefits in a clear and concise way.
- Connect (verb): To establish a relationship with someone or something.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertisement connected with the target audience on an emotional level.
- Differentiate (verb): To make something distinct or unique.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company differentiated its product from the competition by offering a longer warranty.
- Engage (verb): To capture someone's attention and interest.
- Inform (verb): To provide someone with knowledge.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertisement informed the viewer about the product's features and benefits.
- Launch (verb): To introduce something new to the market.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company launched its new product with a series of high-profile ads.
- Position (verb): To place something in a certain way or context.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company positioned its product as a luxury item.
- Promote (verb): To help something to be successful or to increase its popularity.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company promoted its product through a variety of channels, including television, radio, and print.
- Reach (verb): To communicate with someone or something.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertisement reached a large number of people through television and online channels.
- Reposition (verb): To change the way something is perceived.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company repositioned its product as a more affordable option.
- Research (verb): To collect and study information.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company researched the target audience before creating the advertisement.
- Target (verb): To aim something at a specific group of people.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company targeted its advertising campaign at young professionals.
- Visualize (verb): To imagine something in the mind's eye.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising agency visualized the perfect ad before they started creating it.
2.6. Phrasal Verb topic Advertising
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Catch on (phrasal verb): To become popular or successful.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising campaign for the new product really caught on and sales skyrocketed.
- Come up with (phrasal verb): To think of or create something.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The advertising agency came up with a brilliant idea for a new ad campaign.
- Cut back on advertising (phrasal verb): To reduce the amount of money spent on advertising.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company decided to cut back on advertising in order to save money.
- Launch an advertising campaign (phrasal verb): To start a new advertising campaign for a product or service.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company launched a new advertising campaign for its new product in order to increase sales.
- Overspend on advertising (phrasal verb): To spend too much money on advertising.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company overspent on advertising and ended up losing money.
- Push advertising (phrasal verb): To try to sell a product or service through advertising.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company was pushing advertising for its new product in order to increase sales.
- Run an advertising campaign (phrasal verb): To start a new advertising campaign for a product or service.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company ran an advertising campaign for its new product in order to increase sales.
- Target advertising (phrasal verb): To aim advertising at a specific group of people.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company targeted its advertising at young professionals in order to increase sales.
2.7. Idiom topic Advertising
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Hard sell (idiom): To use aggressive or forceful advertising techniques in order to sell a product or service.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company used a hard sell approach in its advertising campaign, which was very effective in generating sales.
- Sell like hotcakes (idiom): To sell something very quickly and easily.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The new product sold like hotcakes, and the company was able to increase its profits significantly.
- Tone-deaf advertising (idiom): Advertising that is insensitive or offensive to a particular group of people.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company's advertising campaign was tone-deaf, and it caused a lot of controversy.
- Word of mouth (idiom): Advertising that is done by people talking about a product or service to their friends and family.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company's new product was a success because of word of mouth, and it quickly became very popular.
- Catchy slogan (idiom): A short, memorable phrase that is used in advertising to promote a product or service.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company's catchy slogan was "Just do it," and it was very effective in generating interest in the product.
- Targeted advertising (idiom): Advertising that is specifically aimed at a particular group of people.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company used targeted advertising to promote its new product, and it was very effective in generating sales.
- Viral advertising (idiom): Advertising that spreads quickly and widely through social media or other online channels.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The company's viral advertising campaign was very effective in generating attention and interest in the product.
2.8. ideas topic Advertising
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- A 24-hour, non-stop international news cycle sometimes gives the impression that things are getting worse
- The more violence and depressing scenes we see and read about, the more cynical and pessimistic we are likely to become
- Realizing that we, as viewers, have a choice to decide what we watch and how it affects us is crucial if we wish to address the root problem
The high sales or popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising but not the real need of the society where such products are sold
- Watching TV and playing computer games are two of the most important children’s leisure activities
- Watching TV brings more harm than good
- Too much time spent on these surely has negative impacts on kids and parents have to sort out the appropriate programs for children and curb these activities
- It is obvious that with the rapid development of science and technology, TV shows and video games are designed so vivid and attractive that it is much easier not only for kids but even for adults to get addicted to them
- When children spend more time sitting in front of a screen, they are isolated from the real world
- They do not have enough time to socialize, to engage in outdoor activities which are crucial for their physical growth
- Their eyesight will be weakened by staring at the screen for too long
- Questionable contents on TV or computer games will result in unexpected implications on children’s later life
- Play computer shooting games
- While we are calling for world peace, our kids are, through this game, learning how to use dangerous weapons skillfully, and get used to pulling the trigger without hesitation
- No wonder it has been reported that recently one killer of school shooting in the US used to play computer shooting games in his childhood
- This is not to say that parents should always keep their kids away from the screen
- Of course, there are many educational and inspirational TV shows and computer games, which enable kids to have fun in learning process and facilitate their intellectual development
- Children have no idea of what kinds of shows and games are appropriate, so adults must make a choice for them
- Spending too much time on watching TV and playing video or computer games is definitely harmful to children
- Parents should and must take time, regardless of how busy their schedule is, to guide and supervise these important activities >> Tham khảo cách dùng regardless trong tiếng anh trong bài hướng dẫn về giới từ cùng IELTS TUTOR
- There are more images of disasters and violence in the media
- It seems to be an increasingly widespread concern that
- The media coverage is filled with images of disasters and violence
- Advanced communication technologies
- Media companies
- In the past, people got to know what happened lately only by listening to the radio and reading newspapers. This is no longer the case
- Due to advanced communication technologies, individuals nowadays are surrounded by all kinds of media every moment >> IELTS TUTOR có hướng dẫn cách paraphrase từ because trong IELTS nhớ học kĩ
- People are being kept informed about what is happening worldwide almost simultaneously by thousands of website
- Bad news now has hi-tech wings and is being heard more often than ever before
- The ultimate goal of media companies now is to seek maximum profits
- Bad news can draw much public attention for whatever reasons, media companies of course make the most of it to boost sales and attract more advertisements
- 24-hour, non-stop news reports of airplane crashes..
- Let the media provide more balanced coverage to the public
- Governments’ intervention and guidance can make a difference
- Media networks should not only function as a business, but take a larger social responsibility
- citizens should learn to love optimistically and actively
- After all, it is we, the viewers, who decide what we like to watch and read and more importantly, pay attention to