Bên cạnh Sửa chi tiết 2 lần Câu hỏi Part 1 IELTS SPEAKING: Do you work or are you a student?, IELTS TUTOR cung cấp thêm Từ vựng topic "success" tiếng anh
I. Idioms topic "success & failure"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- With flying colours được sử dụng để miêu tả một sự việc đã được thực hiện một cách xuất sắc và đạt được thành công.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Thanks to assiduously burning the midnight oil, I have won the competition with flying colors and made my family proud of me.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained= nếu không liều lĩnh và mạo hiểm thì sẽ không đạt được gì cả
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: people should take into account that nothing ventured, nothing gained and dare to experience new things.
- Bear fruit = đơm hoa kết trái – chỉ một sự vật, sự việc đem lại kết quả tích cực.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: our love has now born fruit with the birth of our lovely little daughter…
II. Phrasal verb topic "success & failure"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Capitalize on sth /ˈkæp.ɪ.təl.aɪz/: to use a situation to your own advantage: tận dụng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She capitalized on her knowledge and experience to get a better job.
- Keep up /kiːp/: to be able to understand or deal with something that is happening or changing very fast: tiếp tục nắm bắt…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I read the papers to keep up with what's happening in the outside world.
- Catch on /kætʃ/: to become fashionable or popular: bắt đầu thịnh hành
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I wonder if the game will ever catch on with young people?
- Take off— /teɪk/: to suddenly start to be successful or popular: bắt đầu thành công/nổi tiếng, cái gì đó cất cánh
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Her singing career had just begun to take off.
- Pay off— /peɪ/: If something you have done pays off, it is successful: đáng với nỗ lực bỏ ra…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: All her hard work paid off in the end, and she finally passed the exam.
- Sail through (sth)— /seɪl/: to succeed very easily in something, especially a test: thuận buồm xuôi gió
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Rachel sailed through her finals and got A's in everything.
- Be/stay/keep one jump ahead = to do something before other people do it: luôn tiên phong…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The way to be successful in business is always to stay one jump ahead of your competitors.
- Build on sth — /bɪld/: to use success or achievement as a base from which to achieve more success: được xây dựng dựa trên…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: A good relationship is built on trust.
- Catch up— /kætʃ/: to reach the same quality or standard as someone or something else: đuổi kịp…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Will Western industry ever catch up with Japanese innovations?
- Come up roses nói đến một điều gì đang diễn ra hết sức thành công và tốt đẹp
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Thanks to continuously trying, my business is coming up roses with impressive results.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Muddle through /ˈmʌd.əl/: to manage to do something although you are not organized and do not know how to do it: làm một việc gì đó cho qua loa, không có kế hoạch cho việc mình làm.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Sorry, but I can't help you - you'll just have to muddle through on your own.
- Fall through /fɔːl/: to fail to happen: thất bại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: We found a buyer for our house, but then the sale fell through.
- Lose out— /luːz/: to not get something that you expected or wanted: đổ bể
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Pensioners will lose out not only from tax on pension funds but from the windfall tax.
III. COLLOCATION topic "success & failure"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Make a breakthrough: có sự đột phá
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: James has made a breakthrough in his math this year.
- Have an excellent grasp of: hiểu triệt để về cái gì
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Tony has an excellent grasp of French.
- Brilliant success: thành công rực rỡ
- Enjoy the fruits of sb's hard work: hưởng thành quả
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: James has been training hard, and now he is able to enjoy the fruits of his hard work.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Fail miserably: thất bại thảm hại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Unfortunately, the peace talks now seem likely to fail miserably
- Be dashed: hy vọng bị dập tắt
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Hopes that the play would enjoy long run in Lon Don were dashed.
- Doom to failure: chắc chắn thất bại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Everyone agrees that the peace talks are doomed to failure
- A recipe for disater: dẫn tới một vấn đề lớn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I think the new plans for cutting railway costs are a recipe for disater.
III. Từ vựng topic "success & failure" tiếng anh
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- perseverance: sự kiên trì nhẫn nại
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The most important one could be perseverance. I mean, a person has to be determined to achieve their goal so that they can overcome any obstacles or challenges on the road to success.
- consider the likely consequences: cân nhắc đến những hậu quả có thể xảy ra
- impressive accomplishments: những thành tích ấn tượng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Successful Samantha has a long list of impressive accomplishments.
- phenomenal success: thành công phi thường
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It seems like everything she does ends up being a phenomenal success.
- priceless lessons: bài học vô giá
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: failure also teaches us priceless lessons because we can learn more about ourself from my failures than we have ever learned from our successes.
- failure builds resilience : thất bại làm chúng ta mạnh mẽ kiên cường hơn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Failure builds resilience as we are usually more determined to keep trying, to not quit easily after failure or rejection.
- highly effective: hiệu quả rất cao
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In her very first job, she created a highly effective way to motivate the company’s employees, resulting in a dramatic improvement in workplace morale.
- dramatic improvement: cải thiện rõ rệt
- unprecedented success: thành công chưa từng thấy
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: If she can pull it off, it’ll be an unprecedented success (success in something for the first time in history) and the crowning achievement(best or most significant achievement) of her career.
- crowning achievement: thành tựu nổi bật
- modest success: thành công nhất định
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: So far, the program has enjoyed modest success (some limited success) but there is still room for improvement (potential for improvement).
- room for improvement: tiềm năng cải thiện
- more determined to keep trying: càng có quyết tâm cố gắng hơn
- to not quit easily after failure or rejection : không bỏ cuộc dễ dàng sau thất bại hoặc bị từ chối
- making good progress: tiến triển tốt
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: However, Samantha says that the team is making good progress, and that in the next month or two she hopes to make a breakthrough (make a sudden advance in success, especially when you overcome an obstacle).
- make a breakthrough: tạo nên một bước đột phá
- like-able person: người dễ mến
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Although Samantha is very ambitious, she’s also a very like-able person.
- bring out the best: khai thác được những điều tốt
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She brings out the best in other people, and quickly wins the respect of colleagues.
- win the respect: thu phục nhân tâm
- fail miserably: thất bại thảm hại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Samantha’s brother, disastrous Dan, is the opposite – everything he attempts seems to fail miserably.
- overcome any obstacles or challenges: vượt qua khó khăn thử thách
- on the road to success : con đường dẫn đến thành công
- discipline on ourselves : kỷ luật với bản thân
- Developing good work habits : hình thành thói quen làm việc hiệu quả
- dashing his hopes: tiêu tan mọi hy vọng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He wanted to be a doctor, but his teachers told him he wasn’t smart enough, dashing his hopes (making him abandon hope) of a career in medicine.
- lost his nerve: mất hết dũng khí
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He had the opportunity to do a prestigious internship in another country, but he lost his nerve (lost his courage) and turned down the offer.
- completely failed: hoàn toàn thất bại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He then applied for various jobs, but completely failed to show up to the interviews on time.
- mediocre performance: năng suất làm việc trung bình
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He was eventually hired, but later lost his job during an economic downturn due to his mediocre performance (average work, not very special) and total lack of remarkable achievements.
- remarkable achievements: thành tích nổi trội
- spectacular failure: thất bại ê chề
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Dan then tried to start his own software company to compete with Samantha’s; that was a spectacular failure.
- a recipe for disaster: dẫn đến thảm họa
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He invested his life savings in the business, despite all his friends telling him that it would be a recipe for disaster (very likely to result in disaster).
- way off the mark: hoàn toàn phi thực tế
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: His sales predictions were way off the mark (completely inaccurate), and the company went under (lost all its money and shut down) just eight months after it was founded.
- set priorities : đưa ra các ưu tiên
- doomed to failure: chịu kiếp thất bại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Poor Dan – it seems like he’s doomed to failure (destined to be unsuccessful).
- if all else fails: nếu mọi thứ đều hỏng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: But if all else fails (if everything is unsuccessful), he can always move into Samantha’s mansion as a last resort (a final possibility)!
- as a last resort: viện đến phương án cuối cùng
- to have/get a knack for : có tài
- to scrap (v): từ bỏ (nghĩa bóng)
- panic (adj): lo lắng
- to burst out laughing : phá lên cười
IV. Ideas topic "success & failure" tiếng anh
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- My version of the meaning of success is that today I should be better than I was yesterday, and it could be measured in many aspects like skills, relationship with others, how I treat strangers
- You always have to hone your skills,be prepared, so when a chance comes, you take it and make the best of it >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn CÁCH DÙNG LIÊN TỪ KẾT HỢP FANBOYS (Coordinators)
- Well, being content while being lackluster (thiếu nhiệt) is not a good combination. I’d say these people are in limbo (lấp lửng), they’re neither happy nor are they in despair. However, a life like that to me is uninspiring and kind of a waste of time. A person should have targets and objectives, no matter how small they are.Having motivation is how people can lead a meaningful life.
- If we force ourself to succeed in every thing we do for the first time, we just put too much pressure and stress on ourselves, which I don’t think is a good way for us to actually succeed in life.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết