Bên cạnh PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (kèm bài sửa HS đạt 6.5) , trong bài thi Writing, nhiều bạn mắc lỗi dùng sai mạo từ rất nhiều, lỗi này là lỗi không đáng có nên làm chúng ta mất điểm đáng tiếc, hôm nay IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp Từ vựng topic Name IELTS
II. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng - Ideas - Idiom topic "Name"
1. Từ vựng topic Name
- My name is derived from Sino-Vietnamese, meaning "original"
To mess one’s name up: đọc sai =To screw one’s name up: đọc sai tên
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: My friends often mess my name up.
To determine the future: quyết định tương lai
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Vietnamese people think a name may somehow determine the future of
a child >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn That được dùng như determiner (từ hạn định)
To make fun of: cười nhạo = made fun of it
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I used to hate my name because people often pronounced it wrong and even
A positive image: hình ảnh tốt đẹp
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Vietnamese people believe that a child’s name affects its future, so most
people are named after something with a positive image or association.
A newborn baby: trẻ sơ sinh
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In Vietnam, a newborn baby is a very important event.
Hard to pronounce: khó phát âm
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I am not keen on my name because it is quite hard to pronounce.
- (To) denote: có nghĩa là
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: To me, it denotes beauty and sophistication
- A fortune teller: thầy bói
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: They would invite an old and wise person considered to be a fortune teller to write down several names on pieces of paper
2. ideas topic Name
- I have never asked my parents about this.
- I suppose they gave me the name….just because back then it was a popular name for a baby girl
- it has a lot of meanings.
- In Chinese, the word …. means grace and decency. I suppose my mom and dad really want me to become such a person, so they sent all the expectation into my name.
- Học cách paraphrase với I think mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn
- a huge number of girls share the similar name with me at school, which has been quite confusing
- The name … is still common now, but parents have been creative enough to think of a different middle name
- if I could make a small adjustment to my current name, I would shorten it by leaving out one of my middle names. I have two of them, which is sometimes quite lengthy, especially when I have to fill in any form in English
- parents will give the children the name, but sometimes, grandparents will also take part in the naming process (normally the father will name his child, but in some cases, grandparents also want to join in the process of naming)
- First, all family members should come to an agreement on that. Then, they have to go to the local authorities for registration. After that, all friends and acquaintances must be informed of the change, which will require a lot of explanations.
- Well, if memory serves me right, when I was born my parents were racking their brains trying to think of a unique name for me, but they couldn’t come up with anything to their liking, so they turned to my great grandma ‘cuz she was a woman of great wisdom.
- I guess my family has pretty high expectations of me. And to be honest, my name is kinda unique and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
- For those residing in big cities I guess names are kind of a big deal to them. I got a feeling that people believe that good names bring good fortune, so in most cases, parents do pay great attention to picking a name for their kid.In contrast, in rural areas it’s the opposite. Parents give their children the most absurd names ever, the more bizarre the better. They believe that ugly names can ward off bad luck.
- the names of new-born children are given by one of their relatives, usually their grandparents. However, in my case, an acquaintance of my parents came up with my name, and mom and dad just instantly agreed because neither of them had any idea what to name me.
- I used to blame my parents for giving me such a boyish name. I even had a deep, warm voice, just like a mature man, which is why all of my classmates made fun of me back in primary and secondary school. However, as I’ve grown older, I just don’t take these jokes so serious anymore, so I guess it’s fair to say yes. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "share" tiếng anh
- I do like the name my parents gave me. It’s a part of my identity and symbolizes the love from my beloved parents.
- In Vietnam, names are not only a means of identification. They also deliver parents hopes and expectations when a new child is born.
- many Vietnamese believe that names are blessings for newborns, so most people would consider their names a lucky charm for them.
- there are tons of things I would have to do and all kinds of forms to fill in to get a new name.
- Unless somebody’s a criminal and wants to change their whole identity, there’s no point getting a whole new name.
- I do think the paperwork required would be quite complicated, and the whole process may cost you a lot of time.
- we millennials don’t seem to acknowledge any of these traditions about naming children
- almost every name in Vietnam has a meaning behind it
- I don’t know much about preferences when giving names to babies in Vietnam, but I guess some neutral names that can be used for both men and women are pretty trendy these days.
- since my name is very easy to think of, it is suitable for some parents who are struggling to find the perfect name for their offspring.
- the family name of newborn babies must follow their father’s family name.
3. Idioms topic Name
- Be named after: đặt theo tên ai
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: My father is named me after my grand-father
- In the name of somebody/something = in somebody’s/something’s name: Chỉ ra rằng cái gì đó thuộc về ai
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: We reserved two tickets in the name of Brown. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi đặt hai vé dưới tên Brown)
- Hard work is the name of the game if you want to succeed in business. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chăm chỉ là nét đặc trưng cần thiết nếu bạn muốn thành công trong kinh doanh)