Bên cạnh việc điểm báo hằng ngày để giúp em cải thiện khả năng IELTS READING, IELTS TUTOR còn hướng dẫn cách paraphrase từ government là từ rất thường gặp và các bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE 1 KÈM 1 của IELTS TUTOR thường không nắm được cách paraphrase
1. (local) authorities
Xét ví dụ:
- I'm going to report these potholes to the authorities.
- Nepal’s authorities must immediately halt the forced eviction of the Chepang Indigenous peoples from their settlements and ensure those responsible for the destruction of ten homes are held accountable, Amnesty International said today.
2. Those in power
- Nairobi’s street names reveal what those in power want to remember, or forget
3. the governor
a person in charge of a particular political unit
Xét ví dụ:
- The governor exhorted the prisoners not to riot.
- The governor was looking for a fall guy to take the blame for the corruption scandal.
- The governor has denied making improper use of state money.
- The new state governor has promised to purge the police force of corruption.
- The headmistress agreed to recommend the teachers' proposals to the school governors.
- Puerto Rico governor, others face formal corruption probe
- Health care professionals and school board members warn Arizona governor returning to school isn't safe
4. the state: nhà nước
- The State bestowed an honour on him.
- They plot with others against the state.
- Who holds sovereign power in the state?
- Taxes are paid for the state.
5. administration: chính quyền
the Obama/Bush/Nixon Administration
- It seems like there's an effort to centralize authority in Washington more than there has been in prior administrations.
6. (top) officials: cán bộ
a government/trade-union/council official
- The whole system was corrupt - every official she approached wanted money before helping her.
- An official from the Department of Health will be inspecting the restaurant this afternoon.
- The customs official beckoned the woman to his counter.
- The information was given by a Vatican official.
- Senior government officials will be attending a meeting tomorrow.
7. council: uỷ ban
- The local council has remained deaf to all the objections to its proposals.
- The local council has decreed that the hospital should close.
- The council is encouraging the development of the property for both employment and recreation.
- They've been engaged in a legal battle with the council for several months.
- The council is to examine ways of reducing traffic in the city centre.
8. governing body: cơ quan chủ quản, không hẳn chỉ là nhà nước
a group that manages or controls the activities of country, region, or organization
- governing body of sth
- local/national/regional governing bodies
- The country's highest governing body held a special meeting to consider the proposal.
- Officials criticized the FIA, the governing body of motor sport, over the sensitive issue of safety.
9. the person in charge: người chịu trách nhiệm (nói chung) không phải chỉ là government
Xét ví dụ:
- He is the person in charge.
I think the best way is to change the people in charge.
11. commando: từ này không dùng trong writing, chỉ huy trưởng
12. national leaders
- As the oil industry struggles, are national leaders waiting until it's too late to intervene?
13. national governing officials
- They include the vice president, heads of executive departments, and other high-ranking government officials
14. CITY COUNCILLOR
- City councillors have voted to pedestrianize the city centre