Bên cạnh việc đã phân biệt hết sức rõ ràng cho các em cách dùng While và Whereas trong tiếng anh, ở lưu ý số 10, IELTS TUTOR cũng hướng dẫn kĩ lưỡng hơn để các em có thể sử dụng thật chuẩn từ While trong kì thi IELTS WRITING và SPEAKING.
1. While là liên từ (conjunction)
- I thought I'd take advantage of the sports facilities while I'm here.
- I found these photos while I was cleaning out my cupboards.
- I'm acting as deputy while the boss is away.
- I didn't drink at all while I was pregnant.
- I gained a lot of weight while I was on holiday.
2. While dùng như noun
While dùng như noun, mang nghĩa 1 KHOẢNG THỜI GIAN
- I only stayed for a short while.
- You were there quite a while (= a long time), weren't you?
- "When did that happen?" "Oh, it was a while ago (= a long time ago).
- I haven't seen him for a while (= for a long time).
- I'll be fine in a while (= soon).
Vậy nên bạn học sinh của IELTS TUTOR viết như sau: To be more specific, schools should improve their curriculum by including more colorful pictures or games while teaching to make the lessons more interesting as well as stimulate students’ creativity. >> Là hoàn toàn sai nhé!