I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"mature"
1."mature" vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"trở nên chín chắn; trưởng thành"
=to start behaving like an adult and become more sensible as you get older/to grow to full adult size
- She’s really matured in the last couple of years.
- The grey feathers become whiter as the bird matures.
- When a child or young animal matures, it becomes an adult.
- You will learn what to expect as your child matures physically.
- The eggs hatched and the chicks matured.
- He needs time to mature. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cậu ấy cần thời gian để trưởng thành)
- ...young girls who'd not yet matured.
- When the trees matured they were cut in certain areas.
- Their songwriting has matured
- If someone matures, they become more fully developed in their personality and emotional behaviour.
- Hopefully after three years at university I will have matured.
- I thought you had matured enough not to be giggly and silly about serious art.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"chín tới, đã đến giai đoạn đầy đủ hương vị; ngấu"
=If something such as wine or cheese matures or is matured, it is left for a time to allow its full flavour or strength to develop.
- Unlike wine, brandy matures only in wood, not glass.
- ...the cellars where the cheeses are matured.
- ...our best selling matured cheddar.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"đáo hạn, mãn kỳ, đến kỳ hạn phải thanh toán (hoá đơn)"
=When an investment such as a savings policy or pension plan matures, it reaches the stage when you stop paying money and the company pays you back the money you have saved, and the interest your money has earned.
- These bonuses will be paid when your savings plan matures in ten years' time.
- ...an endowment policy that matured on September 1
III. Cách dùng tính từ"mature"
1. Mang nghĩa"trưởng thành"
=If you describe someone as mature, you think that they are fully developed and balanced in their personality and emotional behaviour.
2. Mang nghĩa"lành nghề, có đầy đủ kĩ năng"
=If you describe the work of an artist, writer, or musician as mature, you mean that it is thoughtful and skilful and shows that their abilities have fully developed.
3. Mang nghĩa"(nói về rượu) đã đến giai đoạn đầy đủ hương vị; ngấu"
=Mature cheese or wine has been left for a time to allow its full flavour or strength to develop.
4. Mang nghĩa"năm tháng trung niên"
=If you say that someone is mature or of mature years, you are saying politely that they are middle-aged or old.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày