Mang nghĩa"về mặc thực tế, thực tế thì"
=used when saying that something is true, although it may seem unlikely
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- We were assured that the prisoners were being well treated, when in point of fact they were living in terrible conditions.
- It was clearly something more than a mere mortal storm and in point of fact Juno was back of it.
- Many people believe surgery is the only answer. In point of fact, a change in diet is often enough.
- Comrade Preobrazhensky preaches abstraction from politics but in point of fact, apart from politics, there is absolutely nothing in the work.
- Congar had in point of fact expressed himself cautiously enough, yet several of his books were proscribed.
- This has, in point of fact, always struck me as behaviour verging on the pathological.
- What do I say, in point of fact?
- In point of fact, the war in Iraq has been an unqualified success. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Về mặt thực tế, cuộc chiến ở Irắc là một thành công tuyệt đối)
- Chris may have told you that he had paid all his debts, but in point of fact he still owes me four hundred pounds. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Có thể Chris nói với anh rằng anh ta đã trả hết nợ nần, nhưng thực ra anh ta vẫn còn nợ tôi 400 bảng)