I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng từ"here"tiếng anh
1. Giới thiệu chung
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"đây; ở đây; ở chỗ này"
=in or to the place where you are
- We’ve lived here for over 20 years.
- Come here.
- I want to get out of here as soon as I can.
- You can see the lighthouse from here.
- There aren’t many good restaurants around here.
- I have lived here for ten years (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi sống ở đây đã mười năm)
- We are sure to leave here tomorrow (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chắc chắn ngày mai chúng tôi sẽ rời khỏi đây)
- It’s freezing cold out here.
- My father was over here with the US army.
- Come and sit over here.
- The treaty of Versailles was signed right here in this room.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"tại điểm này; đến thời điểm này đây"
=taking place at the present time or in the present situation
- Summer is here at last.
- Christmas will soon be here.
- Here’s your chance to win £10,000.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"ngay tại đây"
=at this point in a process, discussion, or series of events
- Here’s where I completely disagree with you.
- I think we should stop here and summarize what we’ve said so far.
- Here the speaker paused to have a drink (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đến đây diễn giả ngừng lại một chút để uống nước)
- The question is, where does the peace process go from here?
- My friend here saw it with his own eyes (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chính bạn tôi đây đã tận mắt chứng kiến việc đó)
- What do you make of this here letter? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh nghĩ sao về bức thư này đây?)
2.4. Mang nghĩa"khi đưa cái gì cho ai đó (của...đây)"
=used when you are offering or giving something to someone
- Here, use my handkerchief.
- Here’s £20 – go and buy yourself something nice.
- Here you are. Take two of these tablets three times a day.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"đến rồi"
=used for saying that someone or something has just arrived or is just arriving
- Here we are. Sorry we’re late.
- I’m waiting for Linda. Oh, here she is, coming up the drive.
- Here’s the doctor now.
- Here comes the bus.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"diễn đạt đã tìm ra cái gì"
=used when you have just found a particular person or thing
- Oh, here are my glasses. I thought I’d lost them.
- Ah, here you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you.
- Now where did I put Sally’s letter? Ah, here we are!
2.7. Mang nghĩa"dùng để giới thiệu cái gì"
=used for introducing something that you are going to say or something that someone is going to do
- Here is the weather forecast for the British Isles.
- And here’s Martin Amis to talk about his latest novel.
- Here’s what you have to do to enter the competition.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"dùng để chỉ mục đích"
=used for saying what purpose someone is working for
- You can always ask me if you need help. That’s what I’m here for.
- Our staff are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible.