Bên cạnh Cách dùng từ"hard"tiếng anh, IELTS TUTOR cũng cung cấp thêm PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (kèm bài sửa HS đạt 6.5)
I. Dùng"hard"như adj
1. Mang nghĩa"cứng, rắn"
=stiff, firm, and not easy to bend or break hard wooden benches
- The plastic was chosen because it is very hard and durable.
2. Mang nghĩa"gay go, khó khăn"
=difficult to do/involving a lot of effort
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- hard for someone to do something
- hard to do something
- hard to believe
- find something hard
- I found the English exam quite hard.
- It is hard for young people to get jobs in this area.
- It’s hard to explain why I love this place so much.
- I find it hard to believe that we’re leaving England for good.
- a hard problem (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: vấn đề hắc búa)
- hard lines (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: số không may; sự khổ cực)
- Some of the questions were very hard.
- Lifting stones this size is pretty hard work.
- I need to relax at the end of a hard day.
3. Mang nghĩa"khắc nghiệt"
=unpleasant and full of problems
- My grandmother had a very hard life.
- The family has had a hard time recently.
- It’s very hard on parents when their children are being bullied at school.
4. Mang nghĩa"hà khắc, cứng cỏi"
=strong and not easily frightened/unkind, or cruel
- He likes to pretend he’s hard, but he’s really soft underneath.
- She was deeply hurt by his hard words.
- a hard look (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cái nhìn nghiêm khắc)
- Don’t be too hard on her – she was only trying to help.
5. Mang nghĩa"thuyết phục, đanh thép"
=hard facts are certain and can be proved
- We need some hard evidence to support our claim.
II. Dùng"hard"như adv
1. Mang nghĩa"hết sức cố gắng, tích cực"
=using a lot of effort
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- The Chinese team have worked very hard to get this far in the competition.
- Our people fought hard to gain independence.
- to try hard to succeed (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cố gắng hết sức để thành công)
- I was trying very hard to remember her name.
2. Mang nghĩa"mạnh, dùng sức nhiều, nhiều, số lượng nhiều"
=using a lot of force
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- She pressed her face hard against the glass.
- to hold something hard (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nắm chắc cái gì)
- to strike hard (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đánh mạnh to drink hard uống tuý luý, uống rượu như hũ chìm)
- it's raining hard (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trời mưa to)
- You need to push harder.
- I didn’t mean to hit him so hard.
3. Mang nghĩa"rất tập trung vào cái gì"
=if you look, listen, or think hard, you do it carefully with your full attention
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết