I. Giới thiệu chung
II. Cách dùng từ"along"
1. Mang nghĩa"dọc theo"
=moving forwards on a line, road, path etc towards one end of it
- We walked along in silence.
- They were sailing along the southern coast of Australia.
- Mrs Barnes was hurrying along the path towards us.
- The shops along Oxford Street were brightly lit for Christmas.
- a line of trees along the river bank
- The sound of gunfire was coming from somewhere along the road.
2. Mang nghĩa"tiến lên; về phía trước"
=coming to the place where someone is, or going to the place where something is happening
- Finally a taxi came along, and we jumped in.
- The policeman told the crowd to move along (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: người cảnh sát bảo đám đông di chuyển lên)
- There’s going to be a public meeting, so I think I’ll go along and see what’s happening.
- Just wait here. The doctor should be along (=should arrive) in a few minutes.
3. Mang nghĩa"cùng với ai hoặc cái gì, đi cùng"
=used for saying that you take someone or something with you when you go somewhere
- Do you mind if I come along too?
- Come to the party and bring some friends along (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hãy đến dự liên hoan và rủ thêm mấy người bạn cùng đi)
- He took his dog along (with him ) to work (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: anh ta dắt con chó đi theo (với anh ta) đến nơi làm việc)
- Bring the whole family along.
- Be sure to take your notes along with you.