I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"sorry"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"cảm thấy buồn và hối tiếc; lấy làm buồn, hỗ thẹn"
=feeling sad and ashamed about something that has been done sorry about something
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- We're very sorry about the damage to your car.
- I'm sorry about the mess—I haven't had a chance to tidy up yet.
- She is obviously deeply sorry for what she has done.
- We are sorry for the delay and hope the train will be moving again shortly.
- He says he's really sorry for taking the car without asking.
- She was sorry that she'd lost her temper.
- I am so sorry that this happened.
- If you say you're sorry we'll forgive you.
2. Mang nghĩa"thể hiện sự thông cảm, tiếc nuối trước sự việc không may"
=feeling sad and showing sympathy
- I'm sorry that your husband lost his job.
- We're sorry to hear that your father's in hospital again.
- We're sorry to hear of your father's death (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chúng tôi rất lấy làm buồn khi được tin bố anh mất)
- I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to accept the job (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tôi lấy làm tiếc phải nói rằng tôi không thể nhận việc được)
- I was sorry to see him go.
- No one is sorrier than I am about what happened.
- I am sorry about the way Dad treated you.
- I'm sorry about your mother.
- I do hope she'll soon be feeling better.
- I'm very sorry for your loss (= expressing sympathy when somebody has died).
3. Mang nghĩa"xin lỗi"
=feeling disappointed about something and wishing you had done something different or had not done something
- She was sorry that she'd lost contact with Mary.
- I'll make you sorry you were ever born!
- You'll be sorry if I catch you! sorry to do something
- I was genuinely sorry to be leaving college.
- She was almost sorry to stop work.
4. Mang nghĩa"nghèo nàn và tiều tụy; đáng thương hại; thiểu não"
=very sad or bad, especially making you feel pity or disapproval