I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"modest"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"vừa phải, phải chăng, bình thường, giản dị"
=A modest house or other building is not large or expensive.
2. Mang nghĩa"nhỏ, ít"
=You use modest to describe something such as an amount, rate, or improvement which is fairly small.
- Swiss unemployment rose to the still modest rate of 0.7%.
- The democratic reforms have been modest.
- You don't get rich, but you can get a modest living out of it.
3. Mang nghĩa"khiêm tốn, nhún nhường"
=If you say that someone is modest, you approve of them because they do not talk much about their abilities or achievements.
- He's modest, as well as being a great player.
- The hero was very modest about his great deals (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: người anh hùng rất khiêm tốn về những chiến công to lớn của mình)
- She is modest about her achievements.
4. Mang nghĩa"thuỳ mị, nhu mì, e lệ"
=A woman can be described as modest when she avoids doing or wearing anything that might cause other people to have sexual feelings towards her.