I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"busy"
1. Mang nghĩa"bận rộn, tối mặt tối mày"
=working hard, or giving your attention to a particular thing/When you are busy, you are working hard or concentrating on a task, so that you are not free to do anything else.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- I have been far too busy to think about taking time off.
- All our agents are currently busy with other customers.
- doctors are busy people các bác sĩ là những người bận rộn she's busy at /with her homework cô ấy bận công việc ở nhà
- While we were busy planning our expansion, he was planning to take over the company.
- I won't take up much of your time, because I know you're a busy woman.
- What is it? I'm busy.
- They are busy preparing for a hectic day's activity on Saturday.
- Rachel said she would be too busy to come.
- Phil Martin is an exceptionally busy man
2. Mang nghĩa"nhộn nhịp, náo nhiệt"
=full of activity or people/in a busy period, you have a lot of things to do/A busy place is full of people who are doing things or moving about.
- The shop is always busy on Saturdays.
- It’s been a busy week.
- It'll have to wait. This is our busiest time.
- a busy day /life /year (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một ngày/cuộc đời/năm bận rộn)
- Victoria is one of London's busiest stations V(IELTS TUTOR giải thích: ictoria là một trong những nhà ga nhộn nhịp nhất Luân Đôn)
- a busy office /street /town (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một cơ quan/đường phố/thành phố đông đúc tấp nập)
- Even with her busy schedule she finds time to watch TV.
- I had a busy day and was rather tired
- The Strand is one of London's busiest and most affluent streets.
- The ward was busy and Amy hardly had time to talk
3. Mang nghĩa"đang bận, đang có người dùng (điện thoại bận)"
=When a phone line is busy, you cannot make your call because the line is already being used by someone else.
- if a telephone line is busy, someone is using it: I tried calling the office, but the line was busy.
- I tried to reach him, but the line was busy.
- the (telephone ) line is busy (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: dây nói đang bận, máy điện thoại đang bận)
- the photocopier has been busy all morning (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: máy photo bận suốt sáng nay)