I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"broken"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"đứt quãng, chập chờn, thất thường"
=A broken line is not continuous but has gaps or spaces in it.
- A broken blue line means the course of a waterless valley.
2. Mang nghĩa"gãy đổ (nói về mối quan hệ)"
=You can use broken to describe a marriage that has ended in divorce, or a home in which the parents of the family are divorced, when you think this is a sad or bad thing/a broken relationship has failed
- She spoke for the first time about the traumas of a broken marriage.
- Children from broken homes are more likely to leave home before the age of 18.
- I’d had two broken marriages by the time I was 30. a broken engagement
3. Mang nghĩa"nói sai"
=If someone talks in broken English, for example, or in broken French, they speak slowly and make a lot of mistakes because they do not know the language very well.
- Eric could only respond in broken English.
4. Mang nghĩa"gãy xương"
=a broken bone has a crack in it
- He had several broken ribs and a suspected broken leg.
5. Mang nghĩa"bể, vỡ vụn"
=a broken object has been damaged and is in two or more pieces
- Nearly all the houses had broken windows.
- Be careful not to step on the broken glass.
- Fill the bottom of the dish with broken biscuits. a broken fingernail
6. Mang nghĩa"hư hỏng"
=if a machine is broken, it is not working correctly
- You can’t use the microwave – it’s broken.
- He’s mended that broken clock.
7. Mang nghĩa"tuyệt vọng, đau khổ"
=if your heart is broken, you feel extremely sad because a relationship with someone you love has ended or because someone has died
- Her husband died, and she died soon afterwards of a broken heart.
8. Mang nghĩa"không được tôn trọng, không được thực hiện"
=used for describing a situation in which you do not do what you promised, agreed, or hoped