I."urge" vừa là ngoại động từ, vừa là nội động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa "thúc, thúc giục, giục giã"
=If you urge a course of action, you strongly advise that it should be taken / to advise someone very strongly about what action or attitude they should take
- He urged restraint on the security forces.
- We urge vigorous action to be taken immediately.
- The UN has urged them to honour the peace treaty.
- He urged restraint in dealing with the protesters.
- The police are urging caution upon residents in view of the attacks.
- We urge that systems be put in place to prevent such accidents.
2. Mang nghĩa "hành động thúc / đẩy ai đó tới chỗ nào"
=If you urge someone somewhere, you make them go there by touching them or talking to them / to make a person or animal move in a particular direction
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- urge forwards/towards
- He slipped his arm around her waist and urged her away from the window.
- 'Come on, Grace,' he was urging her, 'don't wait, hurry up.'
- He urged the horse forwards.