I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"pack"
1."pack" vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"thu xếp hành lí"
=When you pack, or when you pack a bag, you put clothes and other things into it, because you are leaving a place or going on holiday.
- When I was 17, I packed my bags and left home.
- I decided to pack a few things and take the kids to my Mum's.
- to pack a bag with old clothes (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: thu xếp quần áo cũ vào túi)
- I packed and said goodbye to Charlie.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"đóng gói, đóng hộp, đóng kiện"
=When people pack things, for example in a factory, they put them into containers or parcels so that they can be transported and sold/This is where the fruit is packed to cover food with a substance inside a container so that it does not decay
- They offered me a job packing goods in a warehouse.
- Machines now exist to pack olives in jars.
- ...sardines packed in oil.
- sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- The plates were still packed in white tissue paper.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"xếp chặt (vào hòm, hộp); ních người (vào phòng, xe)"
=If people or things pack into a place or if they pack a place, there are so many of them that the place is full/to fill a place completely
- Hundreds of thousands of people packed into the mosque.
- Seventy thousand people will pack the stadium.
- the car was packed with passengers (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: xe chật ních hành khách)
- Eager spectators packed the courtroom.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"xếp người phe mình (vào hội đồng giám khảo...) để chiếm đa số khi quyết định"
=If someone packs a jury, committee, or meeting, they make sure that it includes people who support them/to dishonestly arrange for a lot of people who support your views to be on a committee or in a meeting
- The government has packed the conference with its own supporters.
- The Prime Minister will not try to pack the House of Lords
- Opposition members felt the conference had been packed with government supporters.