Bên cạnh HƯỚNG DẪN TỪ A ĐẾN Z CÁCH PHÂN TÍCH TASK 2 ĐỀ THI THẬT NGÀY 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING VIỆT NAM (kèm bài được sửa của học sinh đạt 6.5 đi thi thật), IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn kĩ Cách dùng động từ "creep" tiếng anh
I. "creep" là nội động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa "đi rón rén, lén, lẻn, khẽ chạm tay"
=to move slowly, quietly, and carefully, usually in order to avoid being noticed / if someone’s arm or hand creeps somewhere, it moves quietly and slowly
- I crept downstairs when everyone was asleep.
- She crept quietly into bed.
- His arm crept around her shoulder.
- to creep into the room (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: lẻn vào phòng)
- A little hand crept across the table and touched my arm.
2. Mang nghĩa "chuyển động nhẹ nhàng, khẽ"
=if something such as fire, the sun, or fog creeps somewhere, it moves slowly / if a vehicle creeps somewhere, it moves very slowly
- The flames were creeping along the corridor behind him.
- I watched the sunlight creep across the window.
- As dusk crept in, lights came on.
- The traffic kept creeping forwards a few inches and then stopping.
- Mist had crept in again from the sea
3. Mang nghĩa "khẽ xuất hiện trên mặt ai"
=if an expression or colour creeps into someone’s face, it gradually appears there / if an emotion or feeling creeps somewhere, someone gradually starts to experience it
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- A little smile crept across her mouth.
- A scarlet flush was creeping into her cheeks.
- Suspicion began to creep into her mind.
- She felt a tingling sensation creep across the back of her neck.
A little smile crept across her mouth.
Suspicion began to creep into her mind.
She felt a tingling sensation creep across the back of her neck.
A scarlet flush was creeping into her cheeks.
III. Cách dùng "creep in / creep back"
Mang nghĩa "xuất hiện từ từ đến nỗi không ai để ý"
=If something creeps in or creeps back, it begins to occur or becomes part of something without people realizing or without them wanting it.
- Insecurity might creep in.
- An increasing ratio of mistakes, perhaps induced by tiredness, crept into her game.
- ...a proposal that crept through unnoticed at the National Council in December.
- Now his other major works are creeping back into concert programmes.
- old age creeps upon one unawares (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tuổi già đén với người ta lúc nào không biết)
- The public are concerned at the creeping privatisation of core police functions.
IV. Cách dùng "creep up"
Mang nghĩa "gần chạm đến"
=If a rate or number creeps up to a higher level, it gradually reaches that level.
- The inflation rate has been creeping up to 9.5 per cent.
- The average number of students in each class is creeping up from three to four.