I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"excuse"
1."excuse"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa"cớ; lý do"
=a reason, either true or invented, that you give to explain or defend your behaviour/a good reason that you give for doing something that you want to do for other reasons
- Late again! What's your excuse this time?
- I tried desperately to think of a good excuse.
- I know I missed the deadline, but I have an excuse.
- There's no excuse for such behaviour.
- His excuse for forgetting her birthday was that he had lost his diary.
- You don't have to make excuses for her (= try to think of reasons for her behaviour).
- It's late. I'm afraid I'll have to make my excuses (= say I'm sorry, give my reasons and leave).
- Eating ice cream for a sore throat isn't really a cure, but I like it, so any excuse!
- It's just an excuse for a party.
- He's always making excuses for being late (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: anh ta luôn tìm cách bào chữa cho việc mình đi trễ)
- Any occasion is a good excuse for having a barbecue.
- It gave me an excuse to take the car.
- He tried unsuccessfully to find an excuse to leave.
- The demonstration was used as an excuse to impose martial law.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày