1. Picture (v) /ˈpɪk.tʃər/: to imagine something: hình dung
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Picture the scene - the crowds of people and animals, the noise, the dirt.
2. Visualise (v) /ˈvɪʒ.u.əl.aɪz/: to form a picture of someone or something in your mind, in order to imagine or remember him, her, or it: hình dung, mường tượng
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I was so surprised when he turned up - I'd visualized someone much older.
3. Envisage (v) /ɪnˈvɪz.ɪdʒ/: to imagine or expect something in the future, especially something good: tưởng tượng
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It’s hard to envisage how it might happen.
4. Conceptualize (v) /kənˈsep·tʃu·əˌlɑɪz/: to form an idea or theory in your mind: hình thành ý tưởng…
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: How do Americans conceptualize the global climate system?
5. Conceive (v) /kənˈsiːv/: I think my uncle still conceives of me as a four-year-old: tưởng tượng
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I find it hard to conceive (= it is too shocking to imagine) that people are still treated so badly.
6. fancy (v)
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ
- He fancies himself as a bit of a singer.
- IELTS TUTOR giải thích chỗ này có nghĩa là anh này anh tưởng tượng mình là ca sĩ
- Who do you fancy to win the Cup this year?
- literary I fancied (that) I saw something moving in the corner.
7. In one's imagination
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- In his imagination, he has a friend called A (Hắn tưởng tượng hắn có người bạn tên là A)
8. In the mind's eye = in your imagination or memory: trong trí tưởng tượng
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In my mind's eye, she is still a little girl of six, although she's actually a grown woman.